SCCQG Quarterly Meeting, October 8, 2022 Update
Our October meeting was packed with lots of great information! Notes, presentations, and examples from our October meeting have been posted in Program Notes. Welcome to new and returning Board Members, Sonia Das and Rain Burch, Program Chairs; Dawn Lindelin, Newsletter Editor; and Jean Kuper and Kate Weber, Recording Secretaries.
Our next meeting will be Saturday, January 14, 2023. Final details are still pending, but we’re hoping to have Caryn Payzant, Social Media Coordinator, join us again to share her knowledge on using social media and your website to promote your guild.
Call for Quilts - SCCQG Special Exhibit at Road to California 2023
“Spotlight on Southern California Quiltmakers”
Road to California Quilters Conference, January 18-21, 2023
This exhibit is all about sharing quilts created by Southern California quiltmakers. Quilts of all styles and techniques are welcome so long as they fit the requirements below. Enter your quilts here.
Entry requirements are as follows (please read carefully):
- The quilt must have been finished in 2021/2022 and be in good condition.
- The size constraint is that it must not be larger than 240” overall and no smaller than 48” overall.
- Embellishments must not protrude more than ½” from the surface of the quilt.
- The quilt must be made of fabric and quilted either by hand, or machine, or both.
- It must be constructed of three layers and bound or closed around all quilt edges.
- Entrant must be a current member of an SCCQG Member Guild or an Affiliate member.
- Mailed entry forms must include a color photo of the quilt with the title of quilt and Entrant’s name clearly listed on the back of the photo. E-mailed entries must include a separate digital jpeg photo named as follows: entrant’s last name_(underscore)name of quilt.jpeg. For example: “Smith_sunrisemountain.jpeg”
October 24, 2022 (Monday). Mailed entry form, pictures, and a self-addressed stamped envelope must be received no later than Monday, October 24, 2022. (Include an email address for confirmation of receipt.) Online entries are due as well. See instructions above.
December 1, 2022. Notification letters will be e-mailed by this date. Accepted entries will receive instructions for quilt shipment. Entrants will be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. Details regarding required sleeve and label indications will also be included.
December 26, 2022 – January 09, 2023. Accepted quilts must be received by the SCCQG Road2CA Co-Curators (Olivia Carnahan & Maureen Bernal) for exhibition.
January 18-21, 2023. Quilts will be displayed as part of the SCCQG “Spotlight on Southern California Quiltmakers” Special Exhibit at Road to California, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California.
January 21 – February 6, 2023. Quilts will be returned to Entrants according to prior arrangements.
SCCQG and Road reserve the right to reject quilts not suitable for hanging.
Meet the Teachers - 2023
Check the MTT tab for additional information. Teacher invitations will go out early in 2023.
Check out the Calendar at the bottom of the Home Page!
We're getting back to something like normal. You can see many more events and quilt shows listed in the calendar. Is your guild starting to plan an event? Send your event information to email@example.com for Sandy, our webmaster, so that she can post your information on the Calendar.